Keyboardist and Pride Issue
– Proud people are annoying, right? They are those who always think they are better than others and never get tired of flaunting their accomplishments. Worse, they can be aggressive if you outshine them—they would not accept defeat. – Keyboardist and Pride Issue
– As you do not like prideful people, you have to be careful not to be like them so others would not be annoyed with you as well. You have to evaluate yourself from time to time to make sure your feet stay on the ground – Keyboardist and Pride Issue
– Permit me to use this moment to write a little about my experience with fellow instrumentalists specifically keyboardists. I discover the kind of pride inhaled in this instrumentalist and it has called an alarm from so many areas in the Church of God. Keyboardist and Pride Issue
– I met an instrumentalist that once told me do you know who I play for! I play for this famous and big-name gospel minister, and you play for this minister that is just coming up, we are not at the same level. I don’t even have to talk with you.
– They can’t shake hands with you, you can’t exchange numbers with your fellow instrumentalist, not even pleasantry, and you even want to sit the same sit with your mentor or the music ministers. Huuuummmmnnnn I wonder that is why most instrumentalist ends up in the ministry not even able to even have a bicycle, nor even a car, house even if there do there live a hard life still. We have inherited a bad attitude of pride that will never take us anywhere. Keyboardist and Pride Issue
– One among many questions I ask myself about this instrumentalist is that because you play for this famous music minister that that made you be the person. The capital letter “NO”. You are only operating under such grace of the person and until you drop the pride and go to God in the secret place to review who you are, the said grace will disgrace you one day.
– Then when I tried shaking hands with him he look at me and reject it, I laugh and after his boss minister and went straight to him to greet him, we exchange pleasantry with excitement and the so-called keyboardist was in shock.
RELATED: Inspirational Content on Social Media
– Recently met some fellow keyboardist in a program, and coming up to play for a Minister he upon coming up to the stage he remove the adapter of the keyboard went off, why his reason was that so this guy can suffer to do settings on the stage, some will save the beat then when you are coming to play they will scatter the beat.
– One of my experience was after that the said keyboard was Motif xf8 which sometimes take 3-5mins to boot up before setting and imagine a 5-10mins time ministration given to the minister, and the time is reading already, I felt so much pain, disappointed and embarrassed on the stage, I wanted reacting but I didn’t so after the keyboard boot up I set it up and play, then after the ministration, I told the guy, I hope you are happy with your acts, he smiles. Keyboardist and Pride Issue
– One of the keyboardists one day, try to remove the adapter one day before I climb the stage to play and the adapter was not in good sharp before, and it was cut off, I ended up trying to fix up the adapter on stage till the ministration finished. I was like woohoo why are a human being like this, even in the church? What sort of competition nor what can I refer this to? And another form of fishy acts. Keyboardist and Pride Issue
– And there are some Music Ministers that will not even allow their instrumentalist to play for another instrumentalist. I kept asking myself if we meant it that we are offering worship to God or if we came to show up. Thank God for the kind of Mentor I have “Min. Sarah Bawa”,.
– I can remember several programs that we went for that the church didn’t have a keyboardist or keyboardist disappointed that she will say, Joe, A.B, Wisdom go and play for them, most times she will have another program outside and I am the only one with her as her keyboardist and she will still tell me to stay back and play for the church not minding her side of the ministration the place she is going next. Woohoo an l, or we need to learn and adjust. – Keyboardist and Pride Issue
– Instrumentalist now have their fans and fellow ministers there cheer up to play for and others they sit to watch and even help to spoil things for and laugh at when she sang off key or the sound or instrument goes bad. I went for a meeting recently and the lead guitarist played for all the ministers and when one of the ministers came up to sing since she is not his fan, he drop the lead guitar and went to sit down, Waooooo I think this is an error and this is alarming and I think it’s right time we get things right before we miss it all.
– Whatsoever one sow that shall he ripe. The body of Christ is one, so I what you are doing is unto Christ then such attitude and mindset of competition are not supposed to be found in you.
– See my fellow instrumentalist before we can unveil the dimension God has for us before we can open another phase, of our lives we need to drop pride. No wonder the bible said in the book of 1 peter 5:5-6, James 4:6-7, that God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble. – Keyboardist and Pride Issue
– A famous gospel minister once told me on stage one day when I met him on stage and was privileged to play for him in that program, I was running all d whole scales, chords, and progressions for every song to please him and impress him….he smiles and walk down to me during his ministration and speak to my ear that young man calms down, and allow the holy spirit to use you, you are a good keyboardist I know and I had all you have been playing since but if you don’t calm down for the holy spirit to use us today nothing will happen, we will only entertain the audience and go.
– Who I was weak in my body with that word, I tell you Mr. flesh disappear, I was energized in my spirit and allow the holy spirit to flow the way it wants, trust God what happen and his move in that meeting was something I couldn’t still imagine if I was the one who plays the keyboard that night.
– After the meeting, we became close and had an invitation after some years together and he told me do you know that the keyboardist who plays for me doesn’t play two keys out of the 12 keys on the keyboard? I was shocked, he further said do you know that he didn’t even play more than do, fa, so, la, and other simple notes like just re, mi, I was like how possible? With this kind of famous Music Minister you are?
– He said yes, and he plays very well in every meeting there went, the move is more than any other skillful keyboardist. I ask him Sir what is the secret he told me, this young man will go to the secret place to fast and pray for Every meeting there will go the young keyboardist says he preferred going to the secret place to commune with God than to only go and rehearse the songs for ministration.
– Tears flow from my eyes I felt a deep challenge to me. He told me that he had a lot of offers, free offers from different keyboardists to play for him, good keyboardists but he turn them down, one of it reasons was because of Pride. Finally, he said to me then that Joe sees “Skills may fail you and disappoint you but you see this God he can never fail nor disappoint you, when you run to him in prayer and with purity he goes before you always, in all your activities.
– Most often and always when ever i am on the keyboard before and i played, and another minister came with his keyboardist and want minister i leave the settings, not just thank i ensure i hold the chord for the keyboardist to ensure the flow doesn’t seize and lot more just to ensure everything goes well, but often surprise when i see some keyboardist and other instrumentalist behaving in the opposite way.
– I have to speak this way because growing up as a young boy i discover one of the thing that do not make me associate much with people is because of their pride and arrogance because i have hated pride people with passion, especially those once that are pride and still arrogant, i learnt the keyboard myself back then in 2016/2017 not because i want to become a musician but because of the so called pride and arrogance of some so called keyboardist who feel without them the church i attend then cannot have a good service, them tend not to teach anyone how to play, they come to the church anytime there like, they sleep with ladies around and once the pastor or anyone said it, they wont come to the church the next day again the pastor and the elders of the church have to go and beg him to return back to church. i was so pained and challenge so i had to manage to learn the keyboard to occupy that space if not music was not my calling but i see they is need to occupy a void space in the church because of the pride of these keyboardist.
– See you know why if you don’t drop the pride and follow God diligently it will fail you? Is that the God we serve is just, he is not proud, the only place you can succeed it’s in the secular world because the devil is a proud, arrogant slave so you can easily work and flow with him but my God in heaven resist pride.
– So choose where you belong to. Define your identity instead of wasting your time so seek fame or any other thing in Christ with pride because God takes you to a concert or program one day and will disappoint you.
– Forget about your skills, position, and wealth if you don’t have Jesus you are rubbish I said it. Lots to say about all this, but I think I have mentioned a few points that we can point to address these issues in our contemporary society and the body of Christ.
– I know the skills are good but it is better if I have God minors more skills than have skills, minor God. Although having both skills and God in you will yield more results but first work on yourself then the skills can even be gotten better.
WATCH VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6R8wAjcPW0&t=145s
ALSO READ: The Pen of Inspiration – Christian Message by Stephanie Chuks
HOW DO YOU CONTROL PRIDE?
1. Do not compare yourself with anyone else.
This is the usual culprit of pride—comparison. So that you will not think too good about yourself, avoid checking how you do by comparing your achievements and capabilities with other people.
2. Do not compete against anyone.
In connection with the first tip, do not aim to be better or higher than anyone else. This will affect how you treat others because everyone becomes a potential threat to you. If competition is an effective motivating force for you, then just compete with your past self so you will be determined to be better.
3. Acknowledge the strength of others.
If someone does better than you in one area or another, then accept that truth and do not resent the person. Remember that there will always be someone greater than you so accepting this fact and being happy for those who stand out will save you from bitterness and poor social life.
4. Encourage those who are weaker than you.
If someone does not do well as you do, cheer that person up and sincerely encourage him/her. If you can, then be willing to help him/her to improve. Do not be afraid that s/he might exceed you.
5. Admit your mistakes.
Whenever you have committed a mistake, be humble enough to admit it. Knowing when you are wrong and admitting it is a sign of maturity and wisdom. Moreover, only courageous people can do this.
6. Be willing to apologize if you have done wrong.
It is not enough that you admit your mistake. You have to sincerely face the people you have hurt or done harm to and apologize. Together with this, you need to accept open-heartedly whatever their response would be to your apology.
7. Practice sportsmanship.
In competitions, it is normal that someone wins and someone loses. Prepare your heart for the truth that you cannot be the winner all the time—but that is part of improving your craft. In case you lose, stop crying foul but rather genuinely congratulate the winner.
8. Do not let appreciation get into your head.
Too many praises and appreciations could make your head grow big. To avoid this from happening, just treasure in your heart those appreciations you receive but do not meditate on them. Always evaluate yourself to make sure pride has not got into your head.
RECOMMENDED: A Cry for Salvation- Pastor Dr Paul Enenche
9. Do not envy others.
Envy and jealousy can cause pride too. Since you want to prove you are better than the subject of your envy you tend to compare yourself with that person and highlight your advantages and his/her flaws.
10. Be content and thankful for what you have.
This does not mean that you should not aim for greater things—you always have to persevere to achieve them. However, while you do not have them yet, be content and grateful for what you currently possess. This will stop you from being envious of what others have, which could lead you to compete.
11. Put others before yourself.
Another trait of being humble is being selfless—putting the needs and interests of others before yours—just do not overdo it so your kindness would not be abused.
12. Do not demand attention and respect.
Never demand special treatment, acknowledgment, or respect from others no matter what your position or credentials are. Like trust, respect is earned, and being unassuming is the first step to it. As the Bible says, do not exalt yourself because even God resists the proud.
13. Treat others how you want to be treated.
If you want to be respected, then you have to respect everyone else. If you want to be served, then you have to serve others too. Never think you deserve better treatment than how you treat others.
14. Serve others.
Do not wait to be served like you’re royalty. Be willing to serve anyone, especially those who are less privileged than you. Even Jesus washed the feet of His disciples.
15. Do not think highly of yourself.
No matter how high your education level is or how much you have in the bank, never think that you are better or more important than anyone else. The more blessings you have received, the humbler you should be. Notice how the more fruits a tree branch has, the lower it bows.
16. Do not boast about your achievements.
Moreover, stop flaunting your accomplishments and titles. Instead of impressing people you might annoy and disgust them.
17. Let others notice your strengths or positive traits.
Stop telling others how good you are at something. Let them discover that and appreciate you. What could be worse than boasting you are the best only to find out that the one you are talking to does better than you?
18. Submit to the authorities set above you.
You have to respect and submit to authority figures like your parents, teachers, boss, government officials, and spiritual leaders. Even if sometimes they seem wrong, you have to honor their authority because they have been appointed to be accountable for you.
19. Associate with those who are weaker or ‘lower’ than you.
Do not be an ‘untouchable’ to those considered ‘underdogs’. Being intimidating may seem cool (yeah, because you are cold) but if you want to be considered hot, then you need to be warm and approachable to people from all walks of life.
20. Always thank those who help or serve you, even in small things.
Gratitude is one of the best traits of a humble person. Thank everyone who does something helpful to you like the waiter who serves you or the guard who holds the door for you. Make “thank you” your favorite line.
CLICK HERE TO UPLOAD YOUR SONGS AND CONTENT
God Exalts the Humble
If you are a humble person, no one will touch you. It will help you gain more friends and win the hearts of many. Plus, it will give you peace of mind and a happy heart because no one or anything threatens you.
Moreover, if you want to reach the top, starting at the bottom is the first step. Let God be the one to bring you high. As James 4:10 says, “Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you”.
#Keyboardist and Pride Issue