Pastor Fredrick Ugbo is the Resident Pastor of Dunamis Church Kwararafa Quarter Makurdi, Benue State. In Today’s Sunday 11th September, 2022 Message he Preached about the Character of Love.
Objective: understanding what love is all about.
The basic nature of God is love 1 John 4:16.
WHAT THEN IS LOVE?
1. Love is affectionate and compassionate feeling towards God and Man 1 Corinthians, Matt 9:36, Matt 15:32.
2. love is treating and relating with others how one choose and to be treated and related with others Luke 6:31, Matt 7:12.
3. Live is shielding others from every form of harm and every form of pain Romans 13:10,1 Corinthians, John 8:3-11
4. Love is not arrogant,proud, boastful it enhances the worth if others (1 Corinthians 13:4).
PRODUCTS OF LOVE
1. Walking in love is walking in the nature of God (Walking in the Supernatural Naturally) Matt 14:14
2. Walking in love is walking in the presence of God since God is love 1 John 4:8,16,Gen 39:2,21
3. Owe no man anything, for he that loveth his neighbor fulfill the law.
If you see God you have see love. God may have power, might, favour but when it comes to love he doesn’t have love God himself is love.
Jesus Christ is the Expression of the love of the father. John 3:16. The release of the master Jesus is the expression of God’s love for us. John 15:13.
4. To walk in love is to fulfill the law, because love hurt no other. Roman 13:10. Mark 12:31.
5. Love is putting oneself in the shoes of others and then relating with them from that perspective. Leviticus 19:18.
6. Love is treating once neighbor with honour and dignity.
1 Peter 2:17, Philippians 2:3, Roman 12:10
7. Love is never Self Center, Never Egocentric, Never Opinionated: love focuses on others more than it focuses on self.
1 Corinthians 13:5.
8. Love is Patient, Love is Durable, true love doesn’t have elastic limit. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love endureth all things, love does not give up on people in a hurry. Love is enduring but when it have to do with once life, then leave the marriage or relationship alone.
9. Love gives and love (over gives) forgives: when there is true love you will forgive, thee is forgiveness.
Two products of love;
1. Causes us to walk naturally in faith. Galatians 5:6. Anytime you have love you don’t need to struggle extra for faith.
2. Walking in love is the walking in the nature of our creation. Walking in full operation and optimum capacity. Genesis 1:27-28.
In a Nutshell, Walking in love qualifies us for the blessings and mercy of the lord.